Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shell Stitch 01110

 This was actually one of the first stitches I tried out back in July.  I finished the baby blanket, then put it aside because it would be a while til it came up.  Unfortunately, I lost track of it and had failed to photograph it.  I was getting ready to just make a swatch so I could post again when I found it!  So, here it is, in all its glory. 

Here's the stitch pattern:
Chain a multiple of 6 + 5
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, (ch 1, sk 2, 3 dc in next ch, ch 1, sk 2, sc) across, [ch 1,  2 dc] in last ch
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc, (ch 1, 3 dc in sc, ch 1, sc in ch 1 space) across, [ch 1, 2 dc] in last sc

Repeat Row 2 for pattern 

And here's the baby blanket pattern:
Chain 95, then work the above stitch until it is square. 
Last row: ch 1, turn, sc in first 2 dc, (hdc in ch 1 sp, hdc in sc, hdc in ch 1, sp, sc in next 3 dc) across, hdc in last ch 1 sp, hdc in last sc

Border:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this with Baby Bee Sweet Delight Pomp Iris Dream yarn and a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment