Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More Baby Blankets!


So, since I just keep churning out baby blankets, mostly from the book I reviewed, I'm going to just combine a couple so that this doesn't get monotonous.  This time I used stitches one and two to make baby blankets.  I figured that it was time I use stitch 1 again, seeing as how I have proclaimed it one of my two favorites in the book.  Stitch 2 is just great because it is so simple and works so well with variegated yarn.



Just so you know, you can get a preview of the book by clicking 'look inside' on the amazon page, here.  It will show you the first three stitch patterns.

Anyway, here are the patterns.
For the stitch one baby blanket:
Chain 94, then work the stitch until square.
The color pattern I used is 1 row of yellow, 2 rows of purple, then (2 rows of yellow, 2 rows of purple) repeated, ending with a single row of yellow.  Add the standard border in purple:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner

Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this using Lion Brand Pound of Love baby yarn in Pastel Yellow and Lavender with a J hook.

For the stitch two baby blanket:
Ch 90, then work the stitch until square.  Add the border, and you're done:
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc) in corner

I made this using Baby Bee Sweet Delights 'Sugar Plum Camo' yarn with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment