Friday, May 11, 2012

Stitch 2 Revisited

In an effort to use up my stash of variegated baby yarn, I am going back through the book and picking out stitches that lend themselves to variegation and making more baby blankets.  Stitch 2 is pretty and dramatic with variegated yarn because there is such a change in amount of yarn used per unit length.  There are sc, dc, and stretches of chains.  This means that the colors do not end up in rigid patterns.  There is a riot of color in this blanket.  I used the same yarn for this blanket as I did for the Rainbow Shell baby blanket.  Basically, if you are going to use variegated yarn, embrace the color changes, use it to your advantage.  I think this came out beautifully.


This baby blanket differs from the stitch 2 baby blanket in the yarn that I used and the border. 



Here's the pattern:
Ch 90, then work the stitch until the blanket is square.  Add the standard border and you're done.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this with Bernat Baby Coordinates Candy Baby yarn with a J hook.

1 comment: