Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Right back to it: Stitch Twenty

This is the first project I've ever made primarily out of primary colors.  I never realized how very 'boy' the combination is.  I actually had been looking forward to making this blanket for a while.  I picked out the colors for this one several weeks ago and knew it would be pretty.  The stitch did not disappoint, though you do have to pay attention to what you are doing because you change stitches constantly to make the pattern.  The fabric is solid because there are no skipped stitches.  I would use this stitch again but not for a project I want to be mindless.  It's a good project for when you are free to look at the work.  This blanket took longer for me to complete than most because it is not good for when you are watching tv; it works well for when you are at a meeting or talking to someone either in person or on the phone.  This one also took longer for me to complete because I ran out of red yarn and had to decide what to do.  I finally chose to just have it be a rectangle, which works well as a baby blanket for a car seat or a stroller.  The final dimensions of the baby blanket were 34" by 41".

The color pattern I used was (1 row of yellow, 1 row of blue, 1 row of red) repeated, ending with a blue row (because I ran out of red yarn) with a gold border.

Here's how to make it:
Ch 94, then work the stitch until it is square (or you run out of yarn, which happened to me).  Add the normal border and you're done
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this using Bernat Satin Sport yarn in Warm Yellow (yellow), Marina (blue), Rouge (red), and Taupe (gold) with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment