Thursday, March 22, 2012

Eating it up: Stitch Twenty-Three

This baby blanket reminds me of the way cake batter looks, when you first start and mix butter and sugar.  This yarn is that color; it looks yummy.  The stitch itself is pretty in an understated way.  The fabric generated is solid and grows rapidly.  I liked this stitch so much, in fact, that I've begun a full sized blanket with it.  This is a simple stitch that is easy to master and easy to fix if you've made a mistake.  It would make a good scarf, even for a guy, because it is so subtle.  Obviously, I think it would make a good blanket, as I've already begun one.  I also think this stitch could make for a good border.


Here's how to make it:
Chain 91, then work the stitch until work is square.  Add the standard border and you're done.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner
I made this using Lion brand Pound of Love Antique White yarn and a J hook.

Here's a picture of the full sized afghan I've begun out of this stitch.  I'm making it by chaining 179, and using I Love this Yarn Aubergine yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment