Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Egg Blanket

Much to my mother's chagrin, when I went home last summer I went yarn shopping and brought home a truly ridiculous quantity of yarn.  In my defense, I liked the colors and it was on clearance.  Well, the result of all of this was, I started a blanket using three of the colors and managed to use up about fifteen skeins of yarn.  I think of this as my Easter egg blanket.  The stitch used to make this is exactly the same as for the rainbow shell blanket I posted earlier ( http://engineeredcrochet.blogspot.com/2012/03/rainbow-shell-baby-blanket.html), just on a larger scale.  As before, for a picture tutorial on this stitch see my friend Nettie's blog at: http://loveinthestitches.blogspot.com/2010/07/it-is-absolutely-unbelieveable-that-ive.html

The color pattern I used was (1 row of pink, 1 row of yellow, 1 row of blue) repeated, ending with a yellow row.  I did the border in blue.

Here's how to make it:
Chain 179
Row 1: sc in 2nd chain from hook, sk 2, (5 dc in next chain, sk 2, sc, sk 2) across, 3 dc in last ch
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in first dc, sk 2, (5 dc in sc, sk 2, sc in middle dc, sk 2) across, 3 dc in last sc
Repeat Row 2 until work reaches desired length.
Border:
Top Row: (counts as one side of Round 1) sc in first two dc, (3 hdc, 3 sc) across, ending with 2 hdc, (2 hdc, 1 sc) in corner.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 5: dc around, 5 dc in each corner


I made this using I Love this Yarn in Banana (yellow), sky blue (blue), and Pizzazz Pink (pink) yarn with a J hook.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This blanket is absolutely gorgeous!
    Your newest follower,
    Angie
    The Enchanted Ladybug

    ReplyDelete