Saturday, February 25, 2012

Halfway there: Stitch Fifteen!

I was a little skeptical about this stitch before I began because it looks a little messy in the book.  In reality, it is a very simple stitch that manages to be both lacy and dense.  The holes are not very large, yet the fabric has a delicate to feel to it.  This blanket exceeded expectations both in the stitch and in the color pattern.  I embedded a variegated yarn in a solid color yarn.  I think the color pattern worked so well because the stitch is ideal for it.  I will probably use this stitch again, probably for another baby blanket.  Another advantage of this stitch is how quick it is; the fabric grows rapidly. 

The color pattern I used was 2 rows of brown, (1 row of variegated, 2 rows of brown) repeated, with a brown border.

Here's how to make it:
Chain 92 and work stitch until it's square.  Then add the standard border and you're done.
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in each corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in each corner
Round 4: (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around, (sc, ch 3, sc in same stitch) at corner

I made this with Bernat Satin Sport Seashore and Taupe and a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment