Saturday, February 4, 2012

Coming right up: Stitch Six!

Fabric generated from this stitch consists of hexagons inside of diamonds.  This stitch is lacy and elegant; it makes me smile to look at it.  I have used this stitch previously to make scarves beginning with a long chain, and I have begun a full sized blanket out of this stitch.  I like this stitch both because of its appearance and the ease of doing it. After the initial row, it becomes easy to see where to do each part of the stitch. By feel alone you can work the stitch, which makes it great for crocheting while watching movies.

Here’s how I made it:
Ch 93, then work the stitch until the blanket is square.  Then add a border:
Round 1: sc around (3 sc in corner)
Round 2: dc around (5 dc in corner)
Round 3: [dc, ch 1, sk 1] around (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc in corner)
Round 4: dc around (5 dc in corner)
Round 5: sc around (3 sc in corner)

I made it using Bernat Baby Coordinates in Tangerine Dream with a J hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment